The internet is a marvellous place to find bargains but as with any online purchase it’s essential that you are an astute buyer when considering buying jewellery online. Costume jewellery is very safe to purchase online if you are buying through a reputable site with adequate security, as it is generally much cheaper than buying designer jewellery online and loose diamonds online.
For those purchases where a considerable investment is involved it is essential that you follow our key rules to buying jewellery online.
Buying Diamonds Online:
Buying diamonds online has become more and more popular as suppliers without retail chains have been able to join the online shopping trade and offer incredible prices on loose diamonds online- and smart consumers are saving thousands! Key considerations when buying diamonds online:
- Is the company you are dealing with reputable and well established?
- Are you buying internationally certified diamonds?
- What guarantees are offered with your purchase?
- Does the company offer contact details other than an email address? If so, call and speak to them to be sure they are reputable and reliable.
- Does the company disclose where they source their diamonds from?
- Will you receive the appropriate documentation and certificates to go with your diamonds?
- Is the website offering a range of diamonds (indicating they specialise in them) or are they just selling one or one type of diamond? (suggesting it may be a scam)
If you ask yourself these questions and have any doubt at all about the validity and quality of your diamond purchases, we recommend you choose an alternative dealer.
Buying designer jewellery online:
Buying designer jewellery online and especially custom made jewellery online poses a real disappointment risk if you don’t do your research properly. Before investing in designer jewellery online or choosing a jeweller to make your custom made jewellery online ensure you have asked the following questions:
- Has the jeweller made a piece such that you are asking them to make before- ask to see samples?
- Will you be able to make progress check ups along the way as your jewellery is designed and made?
- Are the jewellery designers you are working with master jewellers?
Put simply, in order to enjoy the savings to be had in buying jewellery online it’s essential that you do your research to ensure that you get what you pay for, deal with professionals and remain astute about internet security. Enjoy your shopping experience!